M&T Bank is one of the country's most highly regarded regional banks. We were founded more than 155 years ago in Western New York, where we are still headquartered. Our parent company, M&T Bank Corporation, had over $122 billion in assets as of December 31, 2015. Our 3.6 million customers are able to bank at over 700 branches throughout New York, Maryland, Pennsylvania, Washington, D.C., Virginia, West Virginia, New Jersey, and Delaware. In addition, our customers have access to a sizable ATM network of more than 1,500 locations as well as state-of-the-art telephone and Web Banking. M&T Bank is recognized for its financial strength and sound management. This strength, along with our entrepreneurial philosophy, has made it possible for us to pursue a course of well-managed growth.
M&T Bank operates a diverse mortgage lending network recognized for quality and excellence in sales and service. Using a multi-channel approach, M&T Bank's Mortgage Division reaches customers through a National Wholesale Lending Program, National Correspondent Lending Program and a Retail Originations Network. M&T focuses on offering a broad range of products including Renovation, First-Time Homebuyer, Agency, Government. We are committed to providing flexible programs with sensible underwriting and best in class service at a competitive price. M&T's mortgage closings totaled over $4 billion in 2015 and our mortgage servicing portfolio exceeded $84 billion at year-end.
At M&T we recognize that many of our wholesale loan products are unique and might not be familiar to every mortgage broker. To raise awareness and promote product knowledge, M&T provides specialized product training tailored to the distinct needs of our customers. M&T training is designed to help you effectively sell our products, in addition to preparing you for what to do after you've made the sale.
At M&T Bank, we've built our mortgage business on a tradition of reliability, accuracy and responsiveness to the needs of our customers. We also feel that our focus on investing in state-of-the-art technology in order to provide high-quality service has been strongly endorsed by our customers. Most importantly, it has allowed us to grow without sacrificing our commitment to personal service. At M&T Bank, we pledge to work hard to earn your trust and your business. You'll find that we are committed to understanding what's important to you, and your customers, so we can provide the best in home financing solutions.
- Founded more than 155 years ago
- Over $122 billion in assets as of December 31, 2015
- 3.6 million customers
- Over 700 Bank branches throughout New York, Maryland, Pennsylvania, Washington, D.C., Virginia, West Virginia, New Jersey, and Delaware
- A FORTUNE magazine "Most Admired Company"
- A FORBES magazine "Best Big Company"
- A top JD Power "Primary Mortgage Servicer"
- Over $4 billion in mortgage closings during 2015
- Mortgage servicing portfolio exceeds $84 billion
- Mortgage Division reaches customers through a National Wholesale Lending Program, Correspondent Lending Program and Retail Originations network
- Offers an extensive product line including Renovation, First-Time Homebuyer, Agency and Government programs